Thursday, December 05, 2019

At last! Perhaps justice really does exist


It’s wonderful news that three men jailed nearly 50 years ago on false evidence have had their convictions quashed. I mean that it’s great news and
very encouraging for more than just the three people from the group known as the Oval Four.
It is a real boost for hope for me and certainly others let down by the questionable decisions of our jury system.
The three men in the news today, Winston Trew, Sterling Christie, George Griffiths and another man were accused of stealing handbags in 1972, and served four months.
I was sailing my yacht towards England singlehandedly in 2019 but had to turn back in the Bay of Biscay when still 1,100 hundred miles from Britain.

I turned south

My mainsail tore which meant I couldn’t keep sailing towards the English Channel. I turned south and had the sail repaired in the Canary Islands.
I sailed down to the Roaring Forties and the Southern Ocean and to the Cape.
 visited Britain in the summer to look after my nine-year-old daughter, at the request of her mother, during the school holidays.
On the first of September, with daughter and fiancée, I visited friends in Hampshire and was ambushed, and arrested, and taken into immediate custody.
I was tried with an alleged drugs gang in a hearing held in camera and which went on for two years and became England’s longest criminal trial.
Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, at
http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/472-at-last-perhaps-justice-really-does-exist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home