Tuesday, November 26, 2019

English justice goes wonky yet again


A police woman is sent a questionable sex video. Her mobile phone seems to show that she hasn’t seen it, knows nothing of it, in fact. The video had been
sent to 17 people and yet the one uniformed woman is prosecuted.
Pretty weird, you might think, very strange indeed. And the high-ranking police officer is tried, if the justice term could be used, at just about the most expensive venue in Britain, the Old Bailey.
And humans being humans, we could be forgiven for wondering about part of the story that is kept hidden.
Only that’s not my reaction for I know from personal experience that English justice – the envy of the world – can be mighty devious indeed.

Swallowing-the-anchor

I sailed a very long swallowing-the-anchor voyage at the conclusion of my international yachting career.
I crossed the Atlantic, from west to east. Near the Caribbean, a tropical revolving storm approached and I took refuge in St Lucia island.
Although in my nautical work I knew well the ways of Customs, I had never endured such a grilling and searching that those ill-mannered, utterly unpleasant people subjected me to.
Eventually, they admitted not a sign of any drugs existed, and I was released. I sailed towards home, England.
I returned to Britain in August to look after my then nine-year-old daughter for her school holidays. I was ambushed – we were ambushed.
In the Bay of Biscay, the mainsail tore, leaving me no option but to turn away and sail south.
As my book Sailing to Purgatory tells, the sail was repaired in Madeira. Too late in the season now to try to reach Britain, I sailed solo south, down through the Trades and the Doldrums and through the Roaring Forties to the Cape.

We were ambushed

I returned to Britain in August to look after my then nine-year-old daughter for her school holidays. I was ambushed – we were ambushed. …. Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, at
http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/468-english-justice-goes-wonky-yet-again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home