Thursday, August 15, 2019

Hallelujah to our Betters for knowing what's good for us

I swallowed an aspirin tonight as I have for more years than I could say and didn’t think twice as I took it from its Boots package and helped it down with a cup of Aldi coffee. 
I read in the Guardian or the Observer years ago that a tiny amount of aspirin is good for a human, and the advice sounded wise.

No appeal

I don’t take the sort of drugs that are forever dominating the news.
That's not because rather sensibly I wouldn’t trust the source, but because they have no appeal.
However, lots of people adore the feeling that drugs inspire.
They can’t go to Boots to ask for an ounce or two of the Big C because people who think they know better – elected people like our Br-x-t experts, no less – won’t let them.

Wanting a snort or two

Well, many of the unelected want a snort or two. If they can’t get it in the High Street, some contact will tell them where they can get it in a low street.
Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, at http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/430-hallelujah-to-our-betters-for-knowing-what-s-good-for-us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home