Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The facts a devious prosecution tried to hide


Apologies! I began the articles, the blogs, this week with the promise that I would reveal how relatively easy it is to give up some of the tastes we have enjoyed for much of our lives, and in my case, more years than I can remember.

I was side-tracked – self-side-tracked, it’s true - by dwelling on the reasons why I had to give up many favourite tastes.
 As you probably guess, it wasn’t for health reasons such as when the GP says no more sugar and jam.
Circumstance dictated, and dictate, the need. But, contrary to what I expected, giving up many favourite foods was surprisingly simple. Very soon, I didn’t miss them.

Suffering helps

The cause, the need to adjust the diet came from injustice, and it’s more than likely that suffering injustice helped enormously with coping.
Get stuck in a prison cell for eight years and 14 days, and a change of diet and tastes loses any importance.
At first, the sentence was for 19 years, which the BBC's Radio 4 told me back in the maximum security prison was two or three years more than the Lockerbie bomber, who caused 259 deaths, was serving.
The enforced diet was helped, too, by the shock of being found guilty for smuggling drugs, which I am sure the prosecution knew I didn't do…. Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, at http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/421-the-facts-a-devious-prosecution-tried-to-hide


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home