Thursday, June 13, 2019

A wise quotation for flying holidays

HERE’S A BRAND NEW off-the-cuff original quotation: Book an airline ticket in haste and you could well pay at leisure.
I was bemoaning on these 'blogs' the surprise price of a variation to my air
ticket for a break in Cape Town.
Admittedly, the original ticket was a little lower in price than many but it did contain a number of restrictions.
We all know those 'do you agree with this and that', and probably like most people, added a tick or two without actually reading.
A bad move, but then I've travelled with Turkish Airlines often. I'm entrusting my life to them. Why would I doubt the arrangements?
I arrived in this stunningly beautiful part of South Africa, an area where I worked a lot as a professional yacht skipper.

UNDOUBTED BEAUTY

However, in spite of a considerable amount of coastal navigating here, I must have forgotten that the undoubted beauty is often marred by very doubtful weather.
And as if to jog the memory, within the first couple of days I was half-drowned by intense monsoon-strength rain. The studio where I was staying remained perpetually exceedingly cold.
Getting pneumonia or worse in a land with no NHS, nor anything similar, looked very grim. I took it to be a sign to admit a mistake over timing, and return home tout suite.
In my earlier story this week, I mentioned surprise at how much it seemed I'd have to pay to get back early. Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, at http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/404-a-wise-quotation-for-flying-holidays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home