Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thoughts from the backseat of a giant jet


What's the very first thought that comes to mind when you step into one of our ultra-modern and enormous passenger-jets that seem to zoom round and
round the world non-stop?
I confess for me that first look is really my second.
The first comes close to the time of booking a flight.
Looking at the second thought first this week was almost as daunting as the revelation that came with the first thought.

Non-stop

Here I was committing my life to a Turkish jet that would take me non-stop from 41 degrees North to just under 35 degrees South. I am a nautical navigator, and a circumnavigator as well, but my maths is not exactly of Euclid's standard. Well, it's poor.
However, I'm pretty sure that the latitudes of the northern hemisphere added to the southern lot total 76.
Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, at http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/397-thoughts-from-the-backseat-of-a-giant-jet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home