Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Happy birthday, brilliant Gabito



And now a commercial break before we continue with the story of, well, the bones of the story of really extraordinary survival in a liferaft deep in the South Atlantic - just me and a girl, and very soon an ever-growing number of flesh-eaters.
The break is because it's the birthday of a great writer I certainly revere, brilliant Gabriel García Márquez, affectionately known as Gabo and Gabito.
His great story, 100 years of Solitude, is well recommended and a real joy to read.

A great story

I'll add a downloadable copy for those lucky enough to read it for the first time.
Of course, it's there for all who would care to read the brilliant story.
If you should ask Uncle Google for news about him, that astonishing Knows Everything And More part of the web, you'll see four of Gabo's great quotations.
Not meaning to spoil it for you - quite the opposite - but I'll repeat them here because I like them and want to share them.
'The heart's memory eliminates the bad and magnifies the good.'
Continues on the blogs for my sailing adventure story, Sailing to Purgatory, at SailingToPurgatory.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home