Thursday, March 19, 2020

A rather different view of a Virgin


WHINGEING POMMY BASTARDS they used to call all imports into kiwiland, at least they did back when my family migrated there not long after the war.
As an eager young new kiwi, I tried very hard never to sound like a whingeing pom.
The phrase that encouraged the accusation came when new English residents referred to the very different (and much better) way that things were done at home.

Happy homecoming

In spite of my family’s sacrifices to pay for migration back then, I returned as a young adult to the home of whingeing poms and personally found very little cause to whinge.
In fact, as I stepped from the train in London, I felt an overwhelming feeling of returning home.
Luckily, I was snatched up by journalism here and soon began working my way towards Fleet Street.

Worst of Brit capitalism

However, I am swept back into that alleged state of mind of whingeing - depression, perhaps, or mood certainly - when I see the worst of Brit capitalism in action ...
Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, at
http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/499-a-rather-different-view-of-a-virgin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home