Thursday, February 27, 2020

The trick of keeping Tricky Dicky's laws going


Aren’t politicians coy when it comes to drugs – and drink? If you live in UK, tonight’s news will remind you of the capitalistic approach to drugs selling (not that it is put quite that way), and the worry about large numbers - almost 25,000 - sleeping on the streets here.
And yet if any non-drugs-taker has suffered more than me – and is more aware of the social implications – I have yet to meet him.
I was a a journalist with the handle of investigative reporter on a right-wing weekly when Tricky Dicky’s drugs laws started to pushed all around the world.

Astonishing

I had no idea back then what the astonishing claims landing on my desk meant. Students out of their minds in drugs orgies, gangs making a fortune from drugs, a variation on what they term now as county gangs, where youths are employed to distribute the illegal stuff.
 The allegations were amazing, but like so many young newspapermen, I expect, I was happy to be handed a 'hot' story.
I probably exaggerated it a bit, too, in the hope of making the front page. Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, at
http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/493-the-trick-of-keeping-tricky-dicky-s-laws-going

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home