Friday, November 02, 2018

The chance to dream sunny dreams



To borrow a thought from Hamlet, to read, to imagine, perchance to dream, and here's the chance alright for some excellent perusing that will encourage plenty of daydreaming and fantasies and all quality stuff and absolutely for free. 
It's also bang up-to-date, this latest edition of the free 48-page Caribbean Compass magazine released yesterday.
It's filled with the chance to dream on many, many subjects, and not just for seafarers, even though it is a very useful and worthy sailing mag. I really like it.
We can read Caribbean Compass online or download it as a pdf for your gadgets to encourage dreaming anywhere. This isn't an advert, let me assure you. No-one is paying me to extol the magazine's virtues.
 They wouldn't need to. I'm doing it because I really like it, and because it feels great to pass on good news.
The monthly magazine isn't just for sailors. This lone circumnavigator is likely to go potty for such a well-produced and packed publication, that's true.
However, what I like best in Compass's pages isn't solely to do with sailing. Take bird life, for instance. Feathery ones. I was about to say that ornithology fascinates me, but then who isn't moved by such extraordinary creatures?

Awe-inspiring journeys

Bela Brown has written a great article about Ruddy Turnstones, a sleek little seabird which migrates all the way down to Tierra del Fuego, near Cape Horn.
'Barely a few weeks old, with no guidance from their parents, with no technology or charts, they set off on awe-inspiring thousand-mile journeys, to wintering grounds they have never seen.' Continues on the blogs for my ocean-travel adventure book, Sailing to Purgatory, at SailingToPurgatory.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home