Friday, July 20, 2018

Some right royal junk mail slips in


Guess who’s sending out junk mail? No point in me putting that to you. You simply won’t, couldn’t, guess who, and when I reveal all, you won’t believe me.
Normally I wouldn’t know either because I have an ancient neighbour who loathes, detests junk mail – only loathe and detest are both terms that are much too gentle to show the extent of his hatred.
He thinks nothing of laying in wait for junk mail deliverers and giving it to them vociferously the moment they try sliding leaflets through the communal door letterbox, or under the door, or even over it.

A sort-of living

I protest. The deliverers are only doing a job, trying to earn a sort-of living.
Better that by far than simply shrugging your shoulders and signing on for the dole, I say, wasting my breath yet again.
Today’s surprise junk mailer got passed him somehow, though it’s true that he is a royalist, so Madam in her crown, if she had been appointed to the task, would certainly see a smile never offered to others.
I’ve given it away, of course. Yes, Royalty has turned to junk mail. The surprise had me asking Uncle Google if the family had gone broke.
Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventure book, Sailing to Purgatory, at SailingToPurgatory.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home