Thursday, July 12, 2018

To protest or not to protest, that is the question


Yesterday I was wondering how to pitch my protest if I decided to make my ill-feelings for President Chump public. An email had just arrived from the Green Party inviting me to raise objections with them.
It’s one thing to decide to protest publicly, but in the case of this unsavoury visitor, what could be the
most effective method?
Might it be shouting in a mob or carrying a placard, or firing off some powerful rockets from National Service days?
The actual words shouted don't matter really as yelling anything at all different from the majority of howls is hardly likely to be heard.

What to write?

A placard poses challenges. What to write or paint, daub or draw on my cardboard or plywood square?
However, an answer came within an hour or so of posting my concern on the Sailing to Purgatory website, and on Facebook, and Blogger. It popped into my inbox from the Lib Dems, in the name of the deputy leader Jo Swinson.
She invited your scribe and a zillion others to join their protest ... and to come equipped with whistles horns, placards, posters, water, snacks and sunscreen … 
Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventure book, Sailing to Purgatory, at SailingToPurgatory.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home