Sunday, March 17, 2019

What would you like to learn today?


What would you like to learn today, or perhaps being a little more optimistic, what are you learning today?
Or even more realistically, what would you like to be learning, if you could only find the time?
 
Then, just when you’re thinking of the perfect reason for putting the idea off till tomorrow - which is so much wiser than rushing into things - you remember some of the subjects friends claim to be learning.
Very quickly you realise they are doing it - obviously - to shame you.

Really discouraging

Dwelling on the determination and eagerness of friends can be really discouraging.
 Let me tell you about the learning projects of one or two of them in my life. It's infuriating.
 One’s studying yoga, another is doing some senior study at university in grief counselling - good grief.
 One boasts of spending an age perfecting handstands, or is it headstands, and another high finance, which I gather means investing lumps of your savings online, rather like a real-life game of Monopoly.
Inspired by my first sail in twenty years last month, imagination is prompting me towards a marathon voyage, and for that I need to refresh many skills.

 Wads of info

 So, yes, I am obliging me to learn, or relearn. Or to think about it.
 If you were to see me at the gym these mornings, you would find wads of information propped up before me as if I were back playing in a band again.
Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/363-what-would-you-like-to-learn-today

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home