Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Looking for tips on tips


What better way to enjoy friendship than to share a meal with the nearest and dearest, and those rather a little distant or removed from the heart’s glow?
Circumstances as of late rather exclude me from the pleasure, but I remember many outings of that nature well.
I confess I don't remember why it feels good to be eating in company, but memory says that it was - I most post-childhood.
And thinking about enforced table manners from junior years leaves me wondering about other creatures in the kingdom of animals.

 Eating in company

 No, I think it must be the reserve of humans. Cats and dogs often display anything but pleasure to be sharing.
Critters like dairy cows and horses do eat in company, but never seem to exactly signal that they are pleased to. Eating in company, out on the town, brings a distinctly human dilemma.
What to leave to show appreciation for the staff who cooked and served.
Yet it is worth asking why restaurant diners feel they should leave anything. The staff are paid, aren’t they?
If you buy fish and chips, a pizza, or any other takeaway, you’re not expected to - nor would - offer a percentage of the total to the people you hope are not passing on a certain dose of food poisoning.
Continues on the blogs for my ocean adventuring book, Sailing to Purgatory, at
http://sailingtopurgatory.com/index.php/feeds/362-looking-for-tips-on-tips

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home