Friday, August 24, 2007

Out, at last! Or more horror show till 2010?
The
decision's made. I'm out from the beginning of September … or the horror show continues till May 2010. The board was due to sit today, and as far as local authorities know, sit it did.

'Normally,' said the pleasant man in charge of such things back at the hostelry, 'we would hear tonight. But it's a long weekend, so it is quite likely we won’t know till Tuesday.

'But you can be sure that as soon as I know anything, as soon as they fax me, you will know. I know which wing you are in, don't worry.'

After eight years – minus six days – the chance of returning to life or not is hardly going to encourage the weekend to flash past, I suspect. At least the weather promises to be a little bit summery, and I shall be working behind the counter at Quarks on Saturday and Sunday.

Monday will be the weekly mandatory 24 hours inside. Fingers crossed, I think, for the next three days.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger jaedra said...

waiting to hear . .
heaps of love, jaedra et al

10:47 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

We all have our paws crossed ...

2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home